- To provide an environment for participation, learning and success that is underpinned by the Salesian ethos, Rupertswood Cricket Club values and strong leadership.
- To foster youth, sportsmanship, excellence and professionalism on the field and in the community.
- Rupertswood Cricket Club will lead through the example of our committee, coaches and captains to ensure that we live our values with loyalty, pride and fun.
- To be the most successful cricket club in the Gisborne District Cricket Association.
- Team Spirit
Club Code of Ethics
Coaches, officials and parents, by example of behaviour, hold an enormous influence over the youth of the community. The good conduct of all adult participants and teams is considered mandatory for the privilege of participation. The club seeks to implant in the youth of the community, ideas of good sportsmanship, honesty, loyalty and courage, so that they may be finer, stronger and happier youths who will grow to be good healthy adults. This objective will be pursued by providing fully supervised cricket matches upon the basis that the attainment of exceptional skill or the winning of matches is secondary in the moulding of future citizens.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of fellow players, coaches, officials and spectators.
- Refrain from conduct which could be regarded as harassment towards fellow players and coaches.
- Do not tolerate acts of aggression.
- Respect the talent, potential and development of fellow players and competitors.
- Care for and respect the equipment provided to you as part of your program.
- Be frank and honest with your coach concerning illness and injury and your ability to train fully within the program requirements.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner relating to language, temper and punctuality.
- Maintain high personal behaviour standards at all times.
- Abide by the rules and respect the decision of the official, making all appeals through the formal process and respecting the final decision.
- Be honest in your attitude and preparation to training. Work equally hard for yourself and your team.
- Cooperate with coaches and staff in development of programs to adequately prepare you for competition at the highest level.
- Be on your best behaviour.
- Do not use profane language or harass players, coaches or officials.
- Applaud good plays by your team and the visiting team.
- Show respect for your team’s opponents. Without them there would be no match. Condemn the use of violence in all forms.
- Respect the officials’ decisions.
- Encourage players to always play according to the rules.
- Spectators are reminded that alcohol is not permitted at the ground during games in accordance with college and association regulations.
Rupertswood Cricket Club Senior and Junior sides are covered by Cricket Australia’s Australian Cricket National Club Risk Protection Program (http://www.jltsport.com.au/cricketaustralia/) for Personal Accident Insurance. Coverage is for players on official match days and training sessions by club-appointed coaches only.
Rupertswood Cricket Club has adopted the same privacy guidelines as Salesian College.
Personal player information will only be used in the club newsletter, score & performance notification to the local media,GDCA for District Representation purposes and Cricket Victoria for Pathway Development Programs.